Wednesday 11 June 2014

My first blog

Hello, and welcome to my blog. 

I've never been one with words. So, let me start by introducing myself. I'm Sarah, I love photography, travelling and I'm a 'graduand' of mathematics from King's College London. 

I've been travelling since the age of six, when my parents bought me my first rucksack. From island hopping in Greece to more recent travels in Thailand, I consider myself to be rather fortunate when it comes to 'travelling the world'.

I'm currently waiting to graduate from uni (fingers crossed!) before the big decisions come. Although I'll be graduating with a BSc in Mathematics, it's not really where my heart lies. Photography has stolen my heart since I got my first camera, so I've decided to pursue a career in photography. 

I took two gaps years before uni, where I lived in Shanghai with my parents. I went to university there for a year and studied full time mandarin before eventually moving back to the UK. My parents have now moved to Thailand, so I'm looking forward to going over there for the summer and deciding the next step in my life (who wants to be prepared anyway? Spontaneity makes life fun!)

To be honest, I'd be quite content setting up a lemonade stand on the beach and enjoying life! I'm not built for the typical 9 to 5 job. I hate wearing shoes, or anything formal - you would have to tie me down to get me in a suit for work! I prefer to go with the flow and do what makes me happy - thankfully my parents are supportive of this, agreeing that I should do what makes me happy, not necessarily what makes the best money!

So, this blog is to start to get my photography out there, incorporating my travel stories too! So please enjoy, and leave comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment